Legendary Dragons

Home Forum Ancient Discussions Legendary Dragons

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of D3X D3X 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Antony
    Antony
    Participant
    • Posts 11

So with the anniversary of the Malice event coming up, I think it is opportune to talk about legendary dragons. And some real issues around them.

I just wanted to ask – does anyone know if SpaceApe plans to give a decent shot at Malice anytime soon? I feel really frustrated on this front. When the opportunity to get Malice came along I wasn’t full on, and in a reasonably laidback Kingdom. We didn’t get near him.

Since then, I’ve been hoping SpaceApe would make him available, but unfortunately they’ve only ever done so through incredibly low chances in chests in (I think) two events. This has significant flow on effects:

1) You can’t get Malice, the only automatic legendary dragon
    2) You need to hoard death primus against ever getting her
    3) Without Malice, you can’t get a dragon heart, so you can’t get any OTHER dragon up to legendary status
    4) So when I’m attacking a SH17 sentinel in a raid, I’m using a level 50 dragon while most others are using a level 60 dragon.
    5) When I do get Malice, instead of fighting her against strongholds 11+ (at a guess where I was then), but instead against SH15/16/17. Which I need to do to get to 450+ wins to get the dragon heart. Which is going to be bloody hard. And from the look of it Malice’s abilities aren’t anything to write home about to be using against those bases.

For me this is all exacerbated as if the Chaos Dragon event is on the weekend of the 21st (as predicted by this site), I’m going to be spending the first 24 hours of it flying from Australia to Europe, and then I’ll be on a road trip holiday with roaming turned off and intermittent wifi. So the odds are my very active Kingdom won’t want me in it. So odds are, I’m not going to get that dragon either.

SpaceApe needs a mechanism to allow access to legendary dragons.

The first and logical one would be to change the Ancient Trial so that Malice isn’t included. That would mean everyone like me without Malice can still get a legendary dragon. It’s not like the cost of maxing out all four other dragons isn’t high enough already.

The second one would be to give people who miss an event a realistic chance of getting the ancient, especially where it is a critical one. SA have improved on this, but not where dragons are concerned.

Does anyone else have thoughts, ideas on this issue?

Profile photo of MGD
    MGD
    Participant
    • Posts 18

I agree 100% I too don’t have Malice and was foolish enough to waste 20k diamonds trying to get her through rare ancient chests. I can tell you one thing, I will never ever use diamonds to buy anything SA offers up again. My diamonds will be used to speed up training/construction times and get battle stones. Saying this I wouldn’t hold my breathe waiting for SA to do anything for the 80% of the player base that aren’t big spenders. Every decision they have made lately is to try to keep the spending minority happy/spending.

Profile photo of Antony
    Antony
    Participant
    • Posts 11

Its the flow on effect that is really annoying. You don’t have Malice, which means you can’t get ANY level 60 dragon, which means your battles are harder, but you still progress, so that if you finally do get Malice it will be an absolute pain getting her to 450 battles because your now fighting strongholds that take the very best legendary ancients to defeat.

It is all a vicious circle.

Profile photo of Gyebro
    Gyebro
    Participant
    • Posts 22

Same here, the only missing (released) ancient in my collection is Malice, missed the event last october and did not have luck getting her from the free/purchased chests either.

I think however that Epic to Legendary is not a big deal with dragons. I use Abhorrence with ground troops and Epic Foreveil, or with birds and Epic Viscaria, and I don’t feel the need of extra HP for dragons.

Still, I agree that the way SpaceApe manages this is annoying. Malice should have been available in Arena chests (probably Epic onces only) long ago, or even I’d be happy if we could craft her with some tokens coming from Arena/Relic chests. But we all know, that SpaceApe want’s to grind every cent from spender players, and if there is anyone willing to spend loads of diamonds on Dragon Hoard chests, etc, they won’t “set Malice free”.

Profile photo of jon snow
    jon snow
    Participant
    • Posts 22

Nice posts. Agree with everything said. Need to start rewarding people for playing and not just paying. If not you’ll never attract new players and the game won’t grow.

Profile photo of jon snow
    jon snow
    Participant
    • Posts 22

My bad. You can get Malice from a rare ancient chest. Sure it might take a while but at least you have the opportunity. What bugs me is when you have absolutely no chance of obtaining something that another player has e.g. lupita for so long.

Profile photo of Antony
    Antony
    Participant
    • Posts 11

Are you sure you can get her in a rare ancient chest?

Just checked- you’re right. So a low chance once a month unless you spend diamonds.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Antony Antony.
    Profile photo of D3X
    D3X
    Participant
    • Posts 10

Although Malice is a great dragon, Foreveil at level 50 or 60 is better at high level.

The freeze time is far more valuable than the heal / damage that Malice does on high level game play vs SH 17. The only times Malice is useful is with the use of Blood Thirst or if you’re sniping the SH(expending all your troops for a SH clearing).

So as much I as I think it’s fair that you guys should get Malice, don’t fret. The first FREE dragon that RK gives you is actually the best right now to use as “THE” dragon. Focus on getting a White Kris for Foreveil and eventually you’ll get Malice from a chest.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of D3X D3X.
    Profile photo of MGD
    MGD
    Participant
    • Posts 18

I have Foreveil at Epic but would love to have him at Lengendary, without Malice that can’t happen, I’m about 180 dragon tokens shy of being able to craft a dragon heart and only have 11 hours to get them! Lol well done SA.

Profile photo of D3X
    D3X
    Participant
    • Posts 10

Yep, I used my Dragon Heart from the Dragon Trials on Viscaria. So my Foreveil is only level 50, sure having another Dragon Heart would be amazing to ascend Foreveil to legendary, but at 50, his sweep motion is exactly the same, the only difference is the added hitpoints.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.